Me, “Are we moving to Arizona?”
Belle blank look.
Me, “Do you want to move to Arizona?”
Belle, “No!”, with a disgusted look on her face.
Me, “Where do you want to move?”
Belle responded but I was unclear as to what she was saying. I could tell it started with the letter “b” but I had no idea.
I asked her again, “Where do you want to move?”
She repeated her response but again, it was unclear and she was getting frustrated.
So I asked her again, “Where do you want to move?”
I could tell by the look on her face she had come to the conclusion that I needed more assistance. So she started to pantomime. She held her hands in my face she formed claws and repeated over and over “pinch, pinch, pinch.” With a satisfied look on her face, as if to say: Dad if you can’t figure this out you’ll never get it so don’t bother.
Me, “What are you doing?”
Belle, “Crabs!, Crabs!”
The pieces came together.
Me, “Do you want to move to the beach?”
Belle, with a look of relief, “Yes the beach!”
I had no idea where she came up with the beach until later when Christine and I were looking at pictures of our new apartment.
Belle came over to see what we were looking at.
Belle, pointing to the pictures, “The beach, the beach!; me moving to the beach.”
There are swimming pools, no ocean. No crabs, but there are scorpions, I guess that’s good. So we aren’t moving to Arizona, we’re moving to the “beach.”
she said: Pepper
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment