Belle came out from the kitchen carrying a plate with eight slices of a lush Granny Smith apple, possibly one of the best apples ever.
Me, “Belle can I have a slice.”
Belle, clutching her plate as though her life depends on it, “No! Mine!”
Me, “Please!”
Belle, “No!”
Me, knowing that my infinity trick would have no relevance in a dynamic situation like this; I had to pull out the big guns, “Belle would you like a piece of candy for a piece of apple.” It seemed like the good idea, a really good idea. That good idea feeling changed when I heard a voice from the kitchen.
Christine, “Steven!” When I hear Steven, not Steve, I know she means business.
Christine, “I can’t believe you said that.”
I now realize that that was a poor choice of problem solving, with Christine in ear shot.
However at the same time Belle was about to hand me an apple slice. I was caught between a rock and a hard place. So I did the right thing I told Belle she could have her apple.
I am currently looking at two brown apple spices abandoned by their former owner. Looks like I’ll get a slice after all. Yum, brown apple, thanks for coming. I can’t help but think if I had offered Belle the candy I would have been able to eat the apple when it wasn’t brown and she would have had some candy. Sounds like a win win to me.
she said: Pepper
10 years ago
2 comments:
That is funny! Christine cracks me up! But where is the new year's resolution!?
too funny!!!!!
Post a Comment